FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To hire a vehicle from us you will need to provide us with the following documents:
- Your DVLA Licence Check Code and Licence Number – Learn more
- Your Private Hire License / PCO License – Valid for duration of hire – or
Your Local Authority License
- Your DVLA Driving License – Both Parts
- A second form of identification with your name and address from a recognised body ie: Bank statement
DVLA LICENCE CHECK
Since the introduction of new legislation for Driving Licences in the UK, the counterpart is no longer relevant and holds no legal status. This means that we are now required to complete an electronic check of all driver’s licences via the DVLA Website.
To ensure collection of all rental vehicles goes a smoothly as possible, we aim to conduct all checks in advance of hire commencing.
Steps to Create Your DVLA Licence Check Code
To allow us to carry out these electronic DVLA Licence Checks, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Visit – https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number
- Enter the required information into the fields and click “I agree”
- Click “View Now”
- In the top right hand corner of the “View your driving licence information” screen click – “Share your licence”
- On the last screen click “Create a Code”
Once you have completed these steps, provide us with the following information:
- Your unique licence check code (copy and paste if possible as it is case sensitive)
- The last 8 characters of your driving licence number
Once we have received your DVLA Licence Check Code and the licence numbers as indicated above, we will confirm verification has been carried out.
Vehicles are available for collection from our premises close to South Mimms Services at the M25 / A1 intersection - EN6 3PZ
Your Professional Driver Hire vehicle can be delivered and collected within the M25 at a cost of £40.00 each way.